Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Final solar project blog post

A. 
The most important skill I have felt that I learned from this project, that we use the power of the sun to store heat and control the sun's rays to pin point where it needs to go and to cook food. 
Enginneers can use skills to use solar energy to cook food or use the sun's light to fulfill human needs and wants.Enginneers with this skill they can know the focal point of a mirror to burn somethings off the thing or to heat up a certain spot. 

B. If I could tell the future solar cookers, I would tell them to make a parabolic mirror.
The parabolic mirror is a good choice to make because with the focal point of the mirror it can make paper burn and the only hardest part is to find the focal point which is the main event.

 I would make a parabolic mirror next time because my first solar cooker didn't get that hot so I didn't get enough heat. 

What I would do differently is that I would get a parabolic mirror and get some sticks and put marshmello on top and put it right in the focal point while I let the cacolate melt on the gram cracker while the sun heats it up and put it together to make a good s'mores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment